Amsterdam, some say the greatest small city in the world. There's so much history to be found, but there's more to discover (like unbelievable amount of bikes...)! Read more about Amsterdam, it's highlights and how to get around. more »
Amsterdam owes its name to a 13th century dam in the river Amstel. During the golden age Amsterdam was one of the largest trading centers in the world. Nowadays, if you look past the tourist attractions such as the countless museums, Red Light District and coffeeshops you will discover a vibrant city inhabited with tolerant people living in its amazing historic city center. Grab a bike and cylce through this real-life painting called Amsterdam.
- Get yourself the best steak of Amsterdam at ‘Cafe Loetje’
- Looking for Amsterdams best secret? Get to ‘Wolvenstraat 23’ for a drink or dinner
- If you like clubbing: go underground in de ‘Trouw’
- Shopping time is at ‘9 straatjes’: awesome unique couture here.
- Go to de neighbourhood ‘Jordaan’ to see what Amsterdam is really about
- When you arrive at Schiphol Airport, it’s +- 18 km to get to the city. Cheapest way to get to Amsterdam central is by train (€4,-) and the easiest way is by taxi (+- €50,-)
- Taxi phone number = 777 77 77
- Cycle through Amsterdam - there’s plenty of rent opportunities. Might be scary, but go for it
- There’s excellent public transport including tram, busses, metros and ferries
Most popular gems ranked and reviewed